Friday, January 21, 2011

Nature of this blog

So, I was discussing things with my brother the other day and he asked what sort of goals I had for my blog. Quite simply, I don’t have any big plans, simply to have fun with it. That said, if it becomes something more, great.  Well, that isn't exactly true.  I do hope that by looking at a number of different things and providing a certain perspective, I can make some small contribution to the preservation of Christian civilization.  Or perhaps it would be more accurate to say its restoration.
That is also a big part of why this blog covers a number of different things, I don’t really want it to be just one thing.  Culture involves many different factors after all.  So, I’ll do a lot of movie and book reviews (because that’s the most fun for me) but there will also be the occasional political commentary, pro-life updates and whatever else strikes my fancy. Now, that doesn’t mean I plan on just blogging from the seat of my pants. I intend to write quality stuff and hopefully improve over time (another reason for the blog by the way) such that it would be worthy of being picked up by advertisers or something. Again, advertising isn’t the goal, improving my writing is. (Which reminds me, I need to start proof reading posts before I put them on the site.) As another aside, that doesn’t mean that my reviews will suddenly become more conventional. I intend to continue spending time not only hitting standard points such as acting, effects, plot, etc but to also tease out the various themes explored in the given movie or book.  If anything, I want to do more of that.
Of course, I am also open to suggestions so if anyone likes or doesn’t like something specific, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment