Friday, January 21, 2011

Krav Maga

For those unfamiliar with those two words, Krav Maga is a martial art developed by the Israeli special forces.  Virtually everyone over there knows at least a little since almost everyone serves in the military.  Granted, not everyone knows the special forces version but even the watered down version is pretty hard-core. 
Anyway, a little more than a year ago, I met an ex-Marine who teaches the art (oddly enough, two days after my brother and I were talking about it) and promptly signed up.  And it has been a ton of fun.  And pain.  Lots of pain.  Moving on.
Finally, after a year I finally got to spar.  First with sticks and then hand-to-hand.  I had done both at place where I used to live but that was nearly a decade ago.  I had remembered it being fun but I had forgotten just how much fun it is.  Fortunately, a lot of previous training came back to me and I think I did quite well.  Hopefully, this will become a regular thing and more people in the class will get gear so they can get in on the action.

No comments:

Post a Comment