Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Lifewalk

This past weekend, I participated in the annual Lifewalk here in Holland.  Lifewalk is an annual fundraiser for the Lakeshore Pregnancy Center which is a place that does just awesome work is support of the unborn and their struggling parents.  All of the area walks raised a total of over $83,000 dollars.
Concerning my own experience, I brought my two oldest munchkins (7 and 5) for the two mile walk and they did great.  They also had a good time with the balloons and the games that the LPC set up for such things.  They really went all out in making it family friendly.
I am hoping to up the Catholic involvement in this for next year though as I was one of maybe two Catholics (well, four if you count my kids) that were walking.  Still, I did get a fair number of sponsors for a first try.
You can check out what Lakeshore pregnancy center is all about at lpcenter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment