Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Batman Reviews

At last!  I’m going to review those Batman movies I mentioned a long time ago now.  In case you need  a reminder,   those movies were Mystery of the Batwoman, Apocalypse, and Under the Red Hood.  These will be short and sweet since everyone knows the basic Batman story, so I won’t spend a whole lot of time dwelling on that.
One quick note though.  I think I mentioned before how there are numerous interpretations of Batman’s personality and motivations.  These range for arrogant bastard, terrorist, anger-driven sociopath, to altruistic crusader.  I also mentioned that the latter is definitely my preference.  Perhaps sometime I’ll go into the reasons for that and why the other interpretations, often presented as attempts to humanize the character tend to exasperate me.  Actually, the whole trend of making characters more “human” and “identifiable” drives me batty ( no pun intended). Suffice to say (for the moment) that I think it is grounded in a corrupt interpretation of the Calvinistic idea that we area largely defined by our sin married to modern relativism.  Anyway, on with the reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment